Why is online reputation management crucial for your company? Better optimization from the start is the best when it comes to handling issues related to your company’s online reputation. It could a million dollar effect on the brand that you established through your hard work over the past years as well as about the resources you had invested.
You surely wouldn’t like to get google bombed with “Miserable failure” or get stuck in a “Dell Hell”. These are two of the most notable examples of how your brand can be defenseless to bad commentary works in different platforms as mentioned above.
‘Miserable failure’, was the keyword which would lead you to the White House’s official website,associating Bush’s government failures over the years and people’s torment for the same. It went on to smear the official website of the US government’s most important establishment, ‘the white house’. And ‘Dell Hell’, was yet another public forum that got hugely popular and had significant negative effects on people’s insight about the Dell’s product such as laptop, desktop and etc. This forum was begun by a Dell customer who felt he was cheated. But, truth is, we don’t know whose action is that.
Same could be true about your company’s reputation. People could be taking about your business’ brand, services/products and many other possibilities. A new blog or forum could be launched with words such as “spam” and and other offensive language, prefixed or suffixed to your web business. You never know!
The massive effect is, it could be the end all your massive efforts that you have spent through the years. To counter such kind of hateful activities, companies can reconstructed online reputation management services.
When should you go for Online Reputation Management Services?
You might need this professional assistance when:
You become worried about people or your competitors intents to sidetrack you
You can also use this service as a reactive optimization measure to reverse such bad activities.
You can also employ this service to self-monitor company’s reputation in the world wide world.
What covers an effective Online Reputation Management Services?
This about examining the activities in the web, social networking sites, forums, blogs and etc. that has got something to do with your company’s name. The most useful systems for monitoring processes are Google Alerts, RSSFeed Subscriptions, Yahoo Alerts, Search Results, Social Media Tags such as tagfetch, keotagetc, to different social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
All the data collected from several monitoring platforms are then studied to know if they can have any bad effects on your company’s online reputation.
Materializing is all about making your company’s brand appear over the people’s awareness, always in a positive sense.
This is the last part of the online reputation management services, and this lets you have control over those activities. After that, you choose which actions are good and which are not. You’re finally in the control of things which can make or break your business.
Here are the top 10 tips for online reputation management that every business should be aware of:
1. Always checking your online reputation will “increase the chance that by the time there’s bad content out there, it will be dwarfed by the content you want to be seen, noticed or read,”explains Jason Brietstein, founder, Brandamos.
2. You must Google your business’ name and see what appears. “If there are any sites that are destructive or that you don’t control, try your best to push them down in the search results with your won profiles on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn as well with Wikipedia, BBB.org, and CrunchBase, says Takeshi Young, SEO team lead for EntirelyPets.
3. Several professionals advised the use of Google Chrome’s Incognito mode to search for your business names. Incognito strips out some, though not all, of the personalized search results Google serves to recognized users and provides a more generic view that’s closer to what others might see.
4. Search the first three pages of Google, Yahoo and even Bing, not just the first page because a negative blog post or article on page 3 can eventually make its way to page 1 without your notice.
5. Make a spreadsheet that has all of the search results from the first three pages of Google. Indicate which results are good, bad and neutral, as well as which ones you control or affect and the ones you don’t. This forms a baseline for your online reputation that you can later use to analyze your reputation enhancement efforts. Screen shots of each Google search results page at the start and periodically repeat the measure.
6. Instantly respond to angry customers on social media and directory sites such as Yelp. “Try, if you can, to reply publicly,” states Daniel Scalco, owner, Digitalux. “Showing empathy and owning up to any faults you make goes a long way toward restoring the damage and proves to anyone seeing the conversation that you take customer service earnestly.”
7. Brandon Seymour, owner, Beymour Consulting recommends getting as many good online reviews as possible. “Not only do customers usually trust online reviews, but Google usually gives higher page ranking to web business with good numbers of positive reviews”.
8. If your customers are active on Twitter, “be sure you have someone on your team [who is] committed to replying to them,” explains Young of EntirelyPets. “Customers on Twitter usually expect a fast response to their requests.”
9. Optimize brand video with your business name on YouTube, which is considered as the second largest search engine. “In some cases, Google ranks YouTube videos higher than real websites,” according to Brandamos’s Brietstein.
10. Focus is important. “Checking your online reputation can be a huge, ongoing responsibility, and the bigger the brand, the bigger the job,” states Chase Anderson, online operations director, Clicks and Clients. As a result, give attention on monitoring “the biggest portals” like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Yelp.
Online reputation management is not just about protecting or defending you name, business name or your core business offerings. It also ranges to partners, images and basically any feature online that can ruin a business.
Online reputation management controls your page ranking in major search engines such as in Google and Yahoo. Having back links in SEO written articles all over the web will help improves the chances customers and potential clients will always find a direct link back to your site, and will increase your rankings like able you to be in the first page of Google.
Online reputation management reduces negative reviews and feedbacks from top rankings. The more positive comments about your business, products or services, chances are it will help push down the negative postings.
Online reputation management promotes positive electronic word-of-mouth. Digital word-of-mouth, whether it’s good or bad, can spread like wildfire on the web. The more positive feedback there is to spread, the more your “excellent” reputation gets put out there and it can be seen by the millions of users and possible customers. A positive, consistent social media campaign can go a long way in improving quality traffic to your website.
Online reputation management tells your best story. A good reputation management program will highlight your story out there for the public to see, read, research and make a wise decision about your business, products and services.
Online reputation management improves customer satisfaction. Receiving good reviews and feedback from clients about your products and services allows you to respond in the positive and make recommended changes in services or products to get better and higher customer satisfaction.
Online reputation management increases positive awareness you, your business, products and services. Social media allows opportunities to listen to and engage with consumers via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other powerful social media platforms.
Advantages of using Facebook in your Business’ Online Reputation Management
A number of businesses nowadays, regardless of the size or industry, use Facebook as strong online reputation management tool. With around 1billion active users, Facebook has the power to boost a company’s reputation ten, twenty, or even thirty times.
There are three major benefits an online business can get from Facebook – an improved customer interaction, easier way of collecting data and generate huge amount of quality trafficfor sales conversions.
Copyright 2015 - Reputation Enhancer - All Rights Reserved